Monday, September 24, 2012

Sat 267: Hospital Waiting Room Blues (But Not Really)

I'm sitting in a packed waiting room because I cut my finger on a glass doing dishes. It's packed here, but guess what? There's a computer provided that's running Facebook. I love this country. I love my fellow man, some of whom are dropping the fbomb next to me for my pleasure. I love all this built in entertainment. The world I live in is a beaut.

But damn, come on. There's a gunshot victim here. There are little kids who are sick. There are parents scared and restless. My cut finger has me feeling pretty stupid and insignificant.

Beyond that, I live in a country and a time where a cushy seat in a waiting room is my reality. A seat with HDTV overhead. A seat with a coffee pot nearby. A seat with Facebook at the ready for good ole Ben who says his pain is an 8 but is still updating his status. You rock, Ben. You rock.

I really am thankful, and putting up with teenaged Ben and his doting momma is the least I can do. Hell, my wife does this everyday. But really, could we change the channel from Dora and Dancing With The Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment