Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 20: Force Of Will

These, honestly, are the type of days I find it hard to find some positive in. These are the days when I don't want to write. Don't want to think. Don't want to create. I just want to wallow. Just want to sink. No, it's not that difficult really to pick out something positive here and there. There are a lot of things to be optimistic about really. It's a definite positive that I have a job, food to eat, good kids, and all that stuff. But personally, trying really hard to find some deeper meaning for getting off the couch where there doesn't seem to be too many signs, that's hardl positive about. There are days like these during which I wonder about the difference I'm making and I don't find too many positive indicators. And yet, I only have to think of all the men and women who sacrificed so much and received far less than they deserved in return. So many mothers and fathers who pushed their personal  gratification aside to commit fully to their children's happiness. I find something very positive in that, and the bonus is that forcing myself to think of those things forces me to think a lot less about myself, and that's always a good thing. In fact, taking the focus off of myself by thinking about anyone or anything else is the most positive thing I've done today. I'll take it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment