Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 21: What Knockers!



Look at this face. Who couldn't love a face like this? I love this face. I love this face so much, I've watched Mr. Monster get a spanking new brain plopped into his dome dozens and dozens of time. I love this face so much, I'm going to watch it sing and dance on stage today at the Lied Theater. This face made such a lasting impression on me the first time I saw it in the movie theater all those years ago as a teenager, I'll never forget it. This face reminds me of my friends Brett and Bobby, who saw this face with me in that theater. This face reminds me of my children and how we laughed at it over the years as it tried to sing and dance in tux and top hat. This face reminds me of my wife's laugh and how it cackles when this face appears on screen.This face reminds me of my teenage crush on Teri Garr and Madeline Kahn. This face reminds me of "I-gor" and blind monks and wayward darts and sausage and a woman's love of horses. Look at this face. Who couldn't find it adorable?

It's the small things, always the small things that make life a treasure. A movie may just be a movie, but it just may be something a whole lot more, as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment