Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 36: The Small Things

Today I was reminded of the type of person I tend to like the most: The guy who doesn't ask for much in his life but is rewarded with lots of great little things when he deserves it. I really like the guy who goes through life as pleasant as possible, looking for the good in things, and just minding his business. I like the guy who doesn't demand anything of others he's not willing to demand of himself. And even then, he's not the kind of guy who is going to demand anything anyway. I like the guy who looks forward to small things because they generally make him happy. I like the guy who doesn't need constant stimulation or higher meaning or greater purpose. He just needs what is right in front of him. He just needs simplicity. He just need a few minutes to look around, appreciate what he sees, and carry on. I really, really like this kind of guy. And today I was reminded of one. I really would like to be that kind of guy someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment