Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 91: Weather, You Won't Be Me

Yeah, so the two days in spring that Nebraska weather decides to shoot the daily high over 90, our air conditioner doesn't work. It's 85 degrees in my house right now (9:26 p.m.). Lovely. But I'm going to stay positive. I'm going to remember that I have a house when many don't. I going to remember I still have my own bed to sleep in while so many will be sleeping in a strange place among strange people, yet again. I still have all my family under this roof. So many can't say the same. I have the means to have the air conditioner fixed, and that's a positive. And at the end of this hot day, a broken air conditioner doesn't mean anything but a lack of cool air. No more and no less. If I get too hot, I'll just go downstairs and grab a blanket and be just fine. A broken air conditioner won't change the fact that I had a good day otherwise. I accomplished a good deal. I made inroads. I checked off items from my to-do list. Don't need an air conditioner for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment