Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 126: Superheroes

The same weekend that "The Avengers" made mad, mad money at the box office in it's opening weekend (sadly, not from me), my four-year-old got herself some spanking new boxers featuring the X-Men, Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, Superman, and The Green Lantern. I love little kids' fascination with superheroes and their powers. I love that dream big and often of what it might be like to have the same powers. I love also that they can distinguish the "good" guys vs. the "bad" guys at such an early age. We've been playing various versions of superheroes all weekend, and it really doesn't ever get old. With each game she adds a new power and becomes completely absorbed with it. I wish my imagination could keep up with hers, but I'm afraid it can't. I just want to fly. She wants it all, and in her imagination she can do it all. Awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment