Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 49: Playing Like A Kid

In the last two days I've played I Spy, Who Am I?, Hide n' Seek, Candy Land, Hot Wheels, video games, babies, bus driver, wrestling, and about a dozen other games I'm too tired to think of right now. My kid wears me out, and that's a great thing. Some days, when I wake up already exhausted, I wonder how I'm going to make it through the day, but I always do. And I always seem pretty happy, if not a little relieved to be laying down again. I've been pretty blessed to have kids who want to and like to play for pretty much 20 years now. Having a baby at 40 years old presented all kinds of physical and mental challenges, but man, she's kept me young and on the move. What a wonderful gift she's given me. I'm always forced to think young, and if you don't think that's a blessing, then you really wouldn't understand even if I tried to explain it to you. I'm blessed to have days like these, days that I don't worry about the outside world. Days when I don't think about my problems or what I don't have enough of or what I'll never have. Days like these make appreciate what I do have. And the thing is, I had a blast today, and it didn't cost me a cent. All I had to spend was some free time, and that was a price I was glad to pay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment