Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 48: At The Movies

Took my girls to see "The Secret World Of Arrietty" today.

I absolutely love spending time with the girls alone. I don't get a chance to do it enough, but when I do, I always enjoy it. It's difficult finding something that a four-year-old and a 14-year-old will both like and be interested in. I mean it's really hard, but man, it's worth the effort finding those things.

I absolutely love going to movies, and it's also something that I don't get to do enough anymore. There was a time when I saw tons and tons of movies. When I had spare time, that's what I do. Today, well, I don't have much spare time. I've always been that guy who didn't mind going to movies alone. In fact, sometimes I prefer it. In the last few years, though, there's just been far less chances, and I didn't realize how much I missed it.

The last movie I saw in the theater was probably two years ago. It's amazing how much better resolution of the image is now. I wasn't expecting that, but it was a pleasant surprise.

It's also amazing how much I missed movie popcorn. God bless movie popcorn, even if my daughter bogarted it.

It's amazing how much movie popcorn costs. Amazing.

As far as "The Secret World of Arrietty," it was a pleasure. It's based on "The Borrowers," which I've never seen, so everything was a surprise. It's also from the man who wrote "Spirited Away," which is not only one of my favorite children movies ever, it's one of my favorite movies period. I love Japanese films, everything about them.They're quiet but meaningful. There's minimal dialogue but they're incredibly intelligent and thought-provoking. They're truly art, and they truly give you as much to ponder visually as they do audibly and mentally.

Great afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment