Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 144: The Long Weekend

Ah, the four-day weekend. The four-day Memorial Day weekend, to be precise. An entire Friday of laziness. An entire Monday of laziness. I needed you four-day weekend. You couldn't have come at a better time. I'm exhausted and wiped out. I'm mentally fatigued (that doesn't take much, in my case). My wires are frayed. I need recharging. I welcome you with open arms, and I'll squeeze every last drop out of you I can, trust me. 


It's been a long week and longer month. It's been challenging and difficult. It's been a lot of time devoted to things other than myself, which is good, but I feel neglected, like I'm drifting, which isn't good at all. Refocusing is a must from time to time, and I'm pretty good at recognizing when those times are. Fortunately, this time falls on a long weekend, giving me two extra days to get my stuff together. There's a lot of stuff. More importantly, it gives me time to unwind and push the pressure and stress of daily life aside where it belongs. I need a lawn chair, tree, cool drink, and time. That's it. Just time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment