Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 251: Street Musicians

Someday, when I'm long past retired and looking for new ways to kill my time, I hope to take my guitar to the street and just play. I really admire and love watching street musicians. There aren't a whole lot of them around these parts, but when I'm in a major urban area, which isn't enough these days, I'm thrilled at how many musicians who are really excellent and really engaging there are to watch. This morning, I heard this article on NPR about a classical guitarist who takes to the street in the Berkeley area in California. Besides playing beautifully, the guy had a beautiful outlook which has stuck with me all day. "It's nice putting some positive feelings into the ambiance," he said. True. I'm not nearly talented enough to fill the "ambiance" with the type of joy he can, but who knows, maybe some day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment