Sunday, September 30, 2012

Day 273: The Week That Was

As a friend pointed out so wisely the other day, these weeks have been so busy and are going by so quickly, it will be Christmas before we know it. I hate that. Really hate it. I hate when time goes too fast to even contemplate. We're too busy trying to keep up with the next minute to appreciate the previous minute that just went by. That's a shame, but it doesn't have to be that way.

At first passing, if asked, I'd say this past week was just about like all the rest. But that's not true. Upon further examination, it was a hell of a week, actually. This past week:

  1. I taught my daughter how to play hopscotch, and she was good, and we had a blast. 
  2. I roadtripped to Minneapolis with a good friend, saw the Yankees play in a beautiful ballpark, sat about seven rows from the field, and can't wait to do it all over again. 
  3. Watched a horrible movie with my wife, missed seeing another movie because we couldn't find a parking place, and couldn't think of anyone I would have rather done each with. 
  4. Had a great piece of cheesecake. 
  5. Cut my hand on a glass doing dishes and had seven stitches after sitting in the waiting room for four hours. 
  6. Went on two walks with my daughter. 
  7. Ate a very fine Mexican lunch with two of my three daughters and my wife. Many chips and salsa were consumed. 
  8. Watched a very good football game. 
  9. Watched "The Avengers" with my very own little, budding superhero. 
  10. Ran roughly nine miles.
And that just scratches the surface. I live a pretty good life, but sometimes it takes some reflection to see that through the million and one responsibilities that this life brings. I'm glad I have the sense to see the joys, big and small. That's the whole damn point to begin with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment