Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 199: If I Had My Way

If I had my way, I'd be in the mountains right now, hiking my way to some hidden lake that only I knew about, alone with only my thoughts to keep me company. 

If I had my way, I'd have a room filled with my favorite candy, so whenever I opened the door, thousands of pieces would come rushing out. 

If I had my way, I'd be on a motorcycle riding on a winding, long road situated next to the ocean with the sun going ever-slowly down over the horizon. 

If I had my way, I'd be walking barefoot on the softest, greenest grass imaginable in Ireland with a pitching wedge in my hand. 

If I had my way, I'd be getting my bangs trimmed up as I chatted up my favorite barber for the latest gossip. 

If I had my way, I'd be dialing up my eye doctor on the phone right now to tell him his services will no longer be needed. 

If I had my way, my entire wardrobe would consist of only shorts, tennis shoes, and T-shirts. 

If I had my way, George Carlin would be my neighbor to the left and Willie Nelson to the right. 

If I had my way, my house would reside directly beside the tee box to the first hole on my own private course. 

If I had my way, my friends and I would meet every Friday night for another round of demolition derby in my backyard. 

If I had my way, my band would be taking the stage in Madison Square Garden. 

If I had my way, my yacht would be at about the halfway point toward taking me to my own private island. 

If I had my way, the popcorn would be hot, fresh, buttered, and sitting on my lap right now as I got set to watch the new Batman flick. 

If I had my way, I'd soon be walking in the Olympics opening ceremonies representing my country in the decathlon. 

If I had my way, my pet dolphin would be taking me for a ride around my private cove. 

If I had my way, my personal chef would be finishing up my supper just about now and bringing it to me in my XXXXL-sized bathtub. 

If I had my way, I'd be playing a pickup game with the President on my home court. 

If I had my way, I'd have a fleet of clowns at my beck and call. 


No comments:

Post a Comment