Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 323: Thanksgiving Week: Monday



On this Monday of Thanksgiving Week, I’m thankful:

  • For the coffee I poured down my gullet and the lifelong love affair that we’ve shared.
  • That I don’t live in the Gaza Strip and that my children have not had to know what it means to grow up in a violent, unsteady environment in which tension is seemingly entrenched at DEFCON 1.
  •  That I got to play my guitar over lunch—the only nourishment I need some days. 
  • For the friends who made the effort to communicate.
  • For the photographs that were sent to me, allowing me to take part in the moments of time captured, if only in a visual sense.
  • For being reminded of this quote from Voltaire: “It is hard to free fools from the chains they revere.
  • For AC/DC and the glorious existence that is one Angus Young.
  • That above all, my beautiful wife has returned home after a week away. Her absence was never a “you don’t know what you've got until it’s gone” experience; I already knew what I had. The experience was “I want back what isn’t here, right now.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment