Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 324: Thanksgiving Week: Tuesday



On this Tuesday of Thanksgiving week, I'm thankful for: 

  • The smell of Turkey floating ever-so closer to my nostrils as Thursday approaches
  • The motivation and ability to run, but also the ability to run on a trail that's surrounded by nature and not a steady stream of buzzing cars driven by drivers with awkward, gawking stares and apartment complexes, businesses, and other edifices far less impressive and visually satisfying as trees, wild grasses, and long flowing hills that melt into the horizon
  • Family members who willingly say "I love you" and mean it
  • The hugs and kisses of my little girl 
  • Popcorn in the break room
  • Gatorade at the ready 
  • The kindest custodian I can imagine existing and who never ceases to brighten my day with her bright smile and amazing, energetic aura 
  • Hot showers 
  • The complex, hypnotizing, seductive, compelling, challenging, and engrossing beauty that is John Coltrane  

No comments:

Post a Comment