Saturday, November 24, 2012

Day 328; Thanksgiving Week: Saturday



On this Saturday of Thanksgiving Week, I'm thankful for: 

  • Cinnamon rolls and coffee. It may not be the breakfast of champions, but it sure goes down like a winner. 
  • Text messaging. How else could one request and receive specific answers to specific questions so quickly without having to get off the couch to make the effort or utter a word? 
  • Stocking caps. In my advanced, balding years, I've come to rely on the stocking cap all day long as much as I've come to rely on socks, underwear, T-shirts, and my other clothes. In fact, I'd argue my stocking caps (yes, I own multiple ones to match my ever-changing mood) serve a more important purpose. They keep my head warm. 
  • Patience. Without you, dear friend, I'd be nowhere. I'd be a raving lunatic. I'd be sitting in a jail cell. I'd be a freak of insanity. You sweet patience, keep me in the game that is living daily life. I can't thank you enough.  
  • The words, music, and learning that have been bestowed on me by Bob Dylan, my all-time favorite music master. Dylan has always been there by my side, guiding me, showing me the way, helping to take life more seriously and less seriously. For opening doors to see new worlds but also being content where I already reside. For thinking big but seeing small. For reflecting but being care-free. During the years, I've undoubtedly listened to Bob Dylan more than to any other musician. I own more music by Dylan than any other musician. I've seen Dylan in concert more than any other musician. I'm always thankful for his presence in the world, but today I'll make the gratitude public. 

No comments:

Post a Comment