Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day 326: Thanksgiving Week: Thursday



On this Thursday of Thanksgiving Week, I'm thankful for:

The pilgrims who traveled the Atlantic and set up shop. (I'm not thankful, however, for what ultimately became the tragic demise of a proud and honorable people who were pushed aside as a consequence.)

My family and friends and their talents, wisdom, advice, listening ears, perseverance, humor, grit, and existence.

The stillness of the morning.

The calmness of the night.

The fortune to have too much food in front of me and my loved ones.

A comfy chair to contemplate in.

The fine cooking and hospitality of my mother-in-law.

Cheesecake.

Coffee to wash the cheesecake down.

Laughing. Songs. Singing. Smiles.

Discipline to not get suckered into a debate about politics.

The sweet, soulful stylings of Marvin Gaye.

No comments:

Post a Comment