Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 118: Beer

I don't drink much anymore. In fact, I drink very little really. I was never someone who just went to the store and bought a case just for sitting around and drinking casually while doing nothing anyway. I saved my consumption up for a purpose usually, like making a fool of myself. Like professing love for some girl I'd never see again. Like picking a fight with someone I had no business picking a fight with. There were certain periods when I drank quite a bit, like in college and heading to the bar every night after work when I was reporter. (That was pretty much expected, however.)

These days, I pretty much save my consumption up for the three or four times a year I get together with old friends and gladly tell the same stories we've been telling for the last 30 or so years, which is cool. I don't jones for the stuff anyway. Rarely think about. Rarely wish I had a beer in my hand. But there are those days when it sure sounds good, including today for some reason. Never sure why. Never sure what brings it on. But today was one of those times. I didn't though. Sometimes, I think it's just better thinking about it than actually doing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment